Written by Ivy Prosper
Let’s go back in time. It’s 1990 and you’re getting dressed for that first party to jumpstart the Christmas season. You have a knockout dress you just spent a fortune on and you’ll be able to wear it to a few different events. Your work party will only have your colleagues and their spouses so you won’t have to worry about being seen by any of them when you attend the party your cousin is having next week. Then there’s the fundraiser you’ll be going to in Toronto. That dress will be perfect for that event too. By the time you’ve done all the rounds of holiday celebrations you will be jumping on a plane and headed for the sun and sand of Barbados where no doubt, you can wear that dress again in the land where you know absolutely no-one.
Remember those days?
Fast forward to present day. It’s almost impossible to get away with the same scenario isn’t it ladies? Now the moment you step into a party someone already has their iPhone, Blackberry or some other digital device snapping photos and uploading them to that wonderful land of Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter. Before you know it, everyone has seen you in that dress. You feel doomed. Can you even wear it again now that all your friends and their friends have seen you ‘tagged’ in photos. Ugh. Now what?
Long before Facebook, the dilemma of women being seen in the same dress has been an ongoing issue. Social networking sites like FB just make it more challenging. The sad thing is a man can wear the same black suit to every party, meeting or event and nobody will even notice. So what’s a girl to do?
Not everyone can afford to spend money buying new outfits for every event. This is when being creative is very important.
Here are some tips on how to look great even if you have to wear the same dress.
- Step 1. Purchase a dress that is simple. Think of the shift dresses often worn by First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Step 2. Stick to neutral tones like black, grey, beige or brown.
- Step 3. Pick up accessories that are bold like layers of necklaces to make the simple not so simple.
- Step 4. Use the 3 B’s - Belts, bows and brooches. Adding a funky belt or even a plain one in a contrasting color is enough to make a difference in a simple dress. Choosing bows that can be pinned on at the shoulder, neck or waistline can also add extra drama. Brooches are often thought of as old and traditional but they are a modern way of adding a little charm to your outfit.
- Step 5. Layer up with a velvet blazer or sparkly cardigans. Velvet is a rich looking fabric that is great for the holidays. Cardigans with sequins, or sparkles are also perfect for dressing up a minimal dress.
- Step 6. The S&P. I’m not talking about the stock market here but, the ultimate accessories for women; Shoes and Purses.
Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to looking great even if you have to wear the same dress twice.
But there is always one more thing you can do; dodge all cameras.
Love it https://aab-edu.net
Post a Comment